Hello OnePlus 3T users. Good News for all One plus 3T Users , Tony L. from OnePlus Company posted on OnePlus Official forums that the OnePlus company is rolling out the stable official Android O (8.0) update for OnePlus 3T. As always, the update is rolled out and it will reach your device via an OTA update. Apart from Android Oreo, this new update also brings Oxygen OS 5.0, we couldn’t wait and managed to flash the OTA Update on our OnePlus3T.So here is guide for you. .
Note: The guide will Erase & wiping all your Data and Cache, so we recommend you to take backup all your data including, contacts, apps, music ,pictures, etc. to keep yourself covered if something goes wrong..
DOWNLOAD ONE PLUS 3T OTA FLASH FILE:-
Guide 1: Flash via ADB Sideload (Clean Flash):-
- Step 1 – Download OTA update for OnePlus 3T from here. Download ADB files from here.
- Note – Run the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe.
- Step 2 – After download done and install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot, place the OTA update.zip in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder and rename it to “update.zip”.
- Step 3 – You can do this through Stock Recovery. For that, Power Off your device, Press & hold the ‘Power Button’ + ‘Volume Down’ simultaneously till you enter the Stock Recovery. Choose ‘English’.
- Step 4 – Next, choose Wipe Cache and Wipe Data in order to Factory Reset..
- Step 5 – Now, Go back to the main menu of Stock Recovery and Choose ‘Install Via ADB’ > ‘OK’ and you will see ‘You are in sideload mode’
- Step 6 – Connect your device to PC via USB cable and open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder. Hold Shift Key and Right Click and Choose ‘Open command window here’.
- Step 7 – Once the command window is opened, type in the command – “adb sideload update.zip”. For Mac users, it is – ./adb sideload update.zip
- Step 8 – The system will now flash the OTA update. Once done, choose Reboot and enjoy Android Oreo on your OnePlus 3T.
Guide 2: Flash via Internal Storage (Clean Flash)
Now if you found the previous method a bit difficult, So you Try this Method. this one will help you out. However, this guide is strictly for the devices which have the option ‘Install from Internal Storage or Local’ in their Stock Recovery. We couldn’t find this option on our OnePlus 3 running Oxygen OS 3.2.8.
- Step 1 – Download the OTA update zip and place it anywhere in the internal storage of your OnePlus 3T .
- Step 2 – Power Off your device and enter the Stock Recovery Poweryou’re your device Press & hold Power Button + Volume Down.
- Step 3 – Choose English and then go ahead and Wipe Data and Cache just as above. If you have a lot of data installed.
- Step 4 – Go back to Recovery Home menu and choose ‘Install from Internal Storage’ or ‘Install from Local’.
- Step 5 – Choose the OTA zip installed (Step 1) Select file from your device internal Storage and click on ‘Install’.
- Step 6 – The device will automatically install the Android O update. Once done, hit ‘Reboot’ and enjoy…
Important Information – we recommend you to wait for the OTA update and install when you get the notification. To check for the update, Go to Settings > System Updates > Check for Updates.